Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Importance of Concealer

So this may seem like such a trivial topic. Everyone knows about concealer blah blah blah. But wait right there. You would be surprised to know how many people don't know about it at all. And how do I know this? Well, I'm in college so I see left and right all these tired kids walking around sleep deprived from studying all night long or staying out all night long. Either way there is lots of puffiness and dark circles going on. And maybe beauty is not their number one priority, and I hear them out cuz there are days I'm like, "I DON'T CARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE."
But given the chance to look awake and alert, or groggy and grumpy, I will take the ladder.
Also, some people just inherited thinner skin around the eyes and naturally have bags and/or dark circles.
Concealer to the rescue!
To illustrate I will use myself as an example. Prepare yourselves, the following images may be disturbing LOL

No Makeup or Concealer (EEK!)
Photobucket
Note that my dark circles and bags are no where near severe, but I still use concealer to brighten the whole area up anyways. You should see me in the mornings, it's quite lovely :P

With concealer

Photobucket
BAM! Looks like I got some sleep in and I'm ready to face the day!

See what I mean? It's always nice to look awake. Remember, concealer should be one shade lighter than your skin tone since it's just for those pesky dark circles. But don't go too light people because it will look obvious, especially in photos. I have had some bad experiences like that when I started to use concealer. I thought I looked pretty good then I saw pictures and wow. lol

Rihanna is such a regular culprit of this and I don't get it! Her makeup is really beautiful but it doesn't match her skin a lot of the time. SIGH girl has the moola to do better than this.
too light concealer

Recommendations:
1) Stila Illuminating Concealer $22- I LOVE STILA
2) Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener $32- Bobbi Brown be my GIRL! I have used this over and over again. It's for not that severe circles so it's kinda sheer but it does the job for me. I used it in the above pictures. Not cakey at all
3) Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Touche Eclat $40- Personally never used it, but a lot of people seemed to like it, so if you got the money, try it out!
4) TimeBalm Concealer $18- SOOO creamy :)

Take the time to go into Sephora or a Department store next time your in the mall and have a Sales rep help you get matched. Or get matched and look for similar colors at your drugstore if you're on a budget.
It can really make all the difference!

-Beauty Obsessed

No comments:

Post a Comment