Friday, February 5, 2010

Quick and Simple Smokey Eyes

As a college kid, I feel like life is non-stop. I'm always having to do something, or a deadline is coming up, or there are 50 projects going on at the same time.
There are even times when I'm going out for the night and have to be out the door in 10 minutes. I have come up with a solution when time is running out and I needa look glam as quickly as possible.
This is a sparkly smokey eye that I do for those special times of 10 minute craziness!

Photobucket

closeup on the eyes (my brows aren't done sorry, they are like non-existent in these hahhaha)

down glance

looking down

smile

SMILE :)

This literally only takes like 10 minutes, and I think its the slight messiness of it that I like. Of course I could take much more time and make a neater smokey eye, but sometimes I just can't allot that much time.

Products used:

1) Urban decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
2) any sparkly silver eyeshadow (I used a limited edition heidi klum palette from VS so it's not in stores anymore I don't think.)
3) MAC plushlash mascara
4) Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Just Enough Buff (have you seen all those ads w/ Hally Berry rockin this shade?)

How to:

1) Line thickly all around eyes, and in the water line with UD pencil
2) sweep silver shadow on top lids, then take a small brush and blend the black eyeliner with the silver shadow
3) Line top lids again with liner
4) on bottom lash line blend the liner out so it's smudgy, then sweep a bit of silver over the smudged black
5) curl lashes and put on 3 coats of volumizing mascara
6) finish with nude lipstick

Pretty simple! And don't worry about being perfect smokey eyes are rarely perfect

Of course, I don't know what works best for you but this is how I did it on myself. Feel free to play around with it and see what works! That's why I find makeup to be so much fun :)

-Beauty Obsessed

No comments:

Post a Comment